Clothing store gutted in fire accident

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Patiala
  • Updated: Sep 26, 2014 23:21 IST

Lifestyle, a clothing shop in Sher-e-Punjab Market, was gutted in a fire incident on Friday. The fire broke out in the afternoon and it took two hours to douse it.

Shop owner Harvinder Singh reported a loss of about rs 15 lakh.Though the exact reason is not known yet, Singh said a short circuit could have caused the fire.

Singh said he noticed smoke emanating from the shop when he came back from lunch. When he opened the shutter, he saw that fire had spread in the shop.Two fire tenders were used to douse the flames.

also read

Kejriwal faces slogans, black flags after releasing trade
Show comments