Family alleges police on saving suspect | punjab | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 25, 2017-Saturday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Family alleges police on saving suspect

punjab Updated: Dec 23, 2014 14:11 IST
Tarsem Singh Deogan
Tarsem Singh Deogan
Hindustan Times
Seven days

Though seven days have passed that a 19-year-old boy, a resident of Government Quarters, Rose Garden, died after being hit by car near Tagore Nagar, police are yet to identify the accused.

The police officials concerned claimed that the owner of the Honda City, which had hit Atish, had been identified. They said the car that had been parked in the yards of police division number 8 belonged to Aruna Sharma of Green Park area.

The police officials said the owner of the car had told them that when the car met with an accident their domestic help, a Nepal national, was driving the car.

However, Pushpa, mother of the deceased, said the car that had claimed life of her son was driven by a woman as eyewitnesses had seen the woman fleeing the spot along with a child clad in school uniform, leaving the car behind.

She alleged: “The police have been protecting the accused and did not arrest her even after seven days have passed.”

“The family of the accused woman in collaboration with the police even tried to destroy the evidences. The woman has changed the position of the car and the motorcycle of my son,” she rued.

Daya Ram, uncle of the deceased, said they had seen the woman fleeing from the scene. He said an FIR has been registered against the accused woman, but the police had been trapping her domestic help in order to save Aruna. The family said they would take up the matter with senior officials if the police did not arrest the woman.

Assistant sub-inspector (ASI) Jaspal Singh, incharge at DMC police post, said the police had got the record of the car that belonged to Aruna Sharma of Green Park area. They had even asked the owner of the car to join the investigation.

The ASI said Aruna’s family had told the police that their servant was driving the car when it met with the accident. The police had been investigating the matter and would identify the accused soon, he added.

Atish left studies to help family

Atish, a student of Class 10 at Shanti Model School, had left studies to help his family financially. Pushpa, mother of the deceased, said after the death of her husband her elder son Raj had got a job in the municipal corporation (MC) office.

Pushpa said keeping in mind the poor condition of family, Atish had left studies and had been selling flowers outside Dandi Swami temple for the past two months. Atish had died on December 15. The division number 8 police had registered a case of causing death due to negligence against an unidentified woman.