Fire breaks out in 4-storey building near Daresi ground

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Ludhiana
  • Updated: Jul 03, 2014 20:44 IST

A major fire broke out in a four-storey house-cum-hosiery building, in Daresi area of old city on Thursday afternoon. The preliminary investigation revealed that the reason behind fire was short circuit.

The area was congested due to which the seven fire tenders were halted around 100 metres away from the spot from where pipes were taken to the building.

Some people were present in the building when the fire broke out, but they came out of the building before the fire spread across the building. According to the fire department, no casualty was reported.

The locals had also tried to douse the fire but they could not.

Area resident Ashok Thapar said, “The residents had also tried to run the fire system that was installed a few years ago in the congested area, but it did not function. Meanwhile, the fire wing team was called that reached with seven fire tenders.”

“Hosiery products and other things gutted in fire as they were kept in the godown from where the fire spread into other parts of the building. Furniture and other things kept in the house on second floor were also burnt in fire,” Thapar said.

Assistant fire divisional officer Bhupinder Singh informed that seven fire tenders doused the flames within six hours. The building owner refused to comment on the loss incurred due to fire.

also read

Kejriwal faces slogans, black flags after releasing trade
Show comments