Fire broke at Rucka Woolen Private Limited, Gali Number 1, Hira Nagar, late on Sunday evening in which goods worth lakhs of rupees were gutted.
The fire brigade had to press eight fire tenders in service to douse the flames. It took around two hours for them to bring the situation under control. The operation of the fire department completed at 8 pm.
No sooner the fire erupted, the factory owner informed the fire station. No loss of life was reported in the incident. The owner is said to have suffered a loss of lakhs of rupees as goods in large number were destroyed.
Short circuit is said to be the reason behind the incident.