Goods worth lakhs gutted in factory fire
Articles worth lakhs were gutted in a fire that broke out at a hosiery factory in New Vishnu Puri on Shivpuri Road on Saturday morning.punjab Updated: Apr 26, 2014 22:29 IST
Articles worth lakhs were gutted in a fire that broke out at a hosiery factory in New Vishnu Puri on Shivpuri Road on Saturday morning.
Factory owner Sunil Setia suffered minor burns on shoulder and hands while dousing the fire.
Setia claimed that articles and machines worth around `17 lakh were destroyed in the incident, adding that the complete damage was yet to be ascertained.
He said, "When we switched on power after opening the factory around 8am on Saturday, a fire broke out due to short circuit."
As the fire broke out, factory workers and residents came forward to douse the fire with the help of fire extinguishers and water. Setia said they also called in a fire tender that took around 15 minutes to douse the fire.