Goods worth more than Rs 1 crore were damaged in a fire that broke out in a blanket factory at Gurdev Nagar, Seehra village on Raahon Road early Friday morning.
The factory owner, Kapil Nagpal, said short circuit could be the reason behind the fire that broke out around 4 am. About 15 persons were present in the factory at the time of incident, however, no one was injured.
It was second fire incident in the factory in the past week as per the claim of factory owner. “There was no visibility due to smoke so we could not use our fire extinguishers to douse the fire. We had all the required equipment to tackle an emergency situation,” Kapil said.
Four fire tenders were pressed into service to control the blaze, which was doused around 7 am.
According to station fire officer, Balkar Singh, they were investigating the actual reason behind the fire. He said a fire had broke out at the same factory a few days back.