Goods worth Rs 8 lakh were gutted in a fire that started due to a sudden burst of high-voltage in a house around 3 am at Deol Nagar in Jalandhar on Sunday.
Talking to HT, advocate Kamal Arora, the owner of house, said that around 3 am on Sunday, sparking started in an AC due to high voltage. Within minutes, the fire spread to the house in which three air-conditioners, one LCD, Laptop TV, refrigerators, furniture and other electronic goods worth Rs 8 lakh were destroyed. He said that fire had also damaged the house.
He said that they there lucky to escape alive, but their house and savings were gone.
He claimed that officials of the fire department failed to report in soon and when they arrived the family had already controlled the fire, with the help of relatives. He said that police has been informed.