Haryana youth goes missing in Gurdaspur, alleges father | punjab | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 21, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Haryana youth goes missing in Gurdaspur, alleges father

punjab Updated: Jun 07, 2014 23:38 IST
Kamaljit Singh Kamal
Kamaljit Singh Kamal
Hindustan Times

Ramvir Singh, a resident of Naurangabad Rajputana village in Bhiwani district of Haryana, has alleged that his 22-year-old son Shakti Singh alias Pintu went missing under mysterious circumstances during a visit to Gurdaspur district recently.

Talking to reporters here, Ramvir said his son Shakti's whereabouts are unknown eversince he went to meet his aunt Usha, wife of Naik Mukesh Singh of 12 Rajputana Rifles, at Tibri cantonment on May 27.

Ramvir alleged that Usha had called up his son and invited him to Tibri cantonment under a conspiracy. He feared that his son had been killed by Usha and her husband who also hailed from the Naurangabad Rajputana village where he lived in Haryana.

Ramvir said that his son Shakti Singh, who was married and was a driver by profession, was last seen by his friend Thurha Ram while going inside the Tibri cantonment with Usha on May 27. He said that Thurha Ram had accompanied his son up to the Tibri cantonment gate on May 27 where he was left out by the young woman Usha while she took Shakti Singh inside the cantonment where she resided with her husband.

Ramvir said that his son's friend returned his home in Haryana but Shakti Singh never returned from Usha's quarter in Tibri cantonment.

He said that when he contacted the army authorities at Tibri cantonment, they told him that Naik Mukesh Singh had been on leave since May 24. He said that Mukesh had reportedly reached his home in Naurangabad on May 29. Later, he and his wife had "gone underground" the very next day.

Ramvir said that on June 1, he lodged a complaint with the police station at Purana Shalla in Gurdaspur district about the mysterious disappearance of his son, but the police did not take any action against the erring couple.

He said that he had been moving from pillar to post since June 3 in the district to get some clue about his son, but to no avail.