With of advent of monsoons, the risk of vector and water borne diseases has risen. The district health department has issued an advisory on seasonal diseases and advised residents to follow some tips to prevent themselves from diseases.
District epidemiologist Dr Anil Verma said that dengue spreads through the bite of Aedes mosquito during the day.
He further said that Aedes mosquito breeds in fresh stagnant water. People should follow the precautions to save themselves from diseases.
He said that people should avoid cut fruits and unhealthy food items as these could cause gastroenteritis. He advised the residents to drink boiled water.
1) Avoid accumulation of water in containers such as flower pots, water coolers, water tanks, etc.
Clean and dry the coolers once a week.
2) Keep rooftops clear of containers/tyres and protect your family from dengue.
3) Wear full sleeves and cover your feet in the morning and evening.
4) Spray insecticides under the tables and behind the curtains.
5) Use anti-mosquito nets to prevent dengue and malaria.
6) Report suspected cases of dengue/gastroenteritis to nearest dispensary or contact the civil surgeon office control room at: 0161-2444193