An HIV positive woman set herself ablaze at Lohara village near Kot Ise Khan town in Moga district and died at Guru Gobind Singh Medical College in Faridkot on Thursday afternoon.
The woman, 65, was upset for the past many months ever since doctors diagnosed her as suffering from human immuno-deficiency virus, her husband said in his statement to Moga Civil Hospital emergency medical officer (EMO) Dr Jasdeep Singh.
"She doused herself with kerosene and set self on fire on Wednesday," he said. "We moved her to the Moga civil hospital by ambulance."
"The woman had 92% burns," said EMO Dr Jasdeep Singh. "These are very serious injuries, which is why she was referred to Guru Gobind Singh Medical College after first aid," he said.