A fire broke out at a local hosiery unit at New Shivpuri, Sekhewal, on Saturday. Around 10 fire tenders were sent to douse the fire that took place at Vallabh International at 2 pm. It has been learnt that threads and garments worth lakhs of rupees were gutted in the incident.
A preliminary investigation revealed that short circuit could be the reason behind fire.
According to the fire wing, the workers of the factory were not present when the incident took place as they had gone out to have lunch.
Manoj Kumar, a fireman, said they took more than three hours to douse the flames. No casualty was reported, he added.