Fire devastated a house in the Banjar area of Thoga village of the district on Sunday night. The house was completely burnt and members of the family were left without a shelter in the bone-chilling cold.
According to the police, the fire broke out in the house, which belonged to one Moti Ram, at around 11pm when one member of the family was at home while others were away at work.
The three-storey house, of which six rooms were made of wood, was reduced to rubble within no time. Neighbours did try to save the house but could not douse the fire in time.
The police said no loss of life was reported in the incident. However, property worth Rs 8 Lakh had been reported to have been gutted.
The cause of fire was yet to be ascertained. When contacted, deputy commissioner of Kullu Rakesh Kanwar said the district administration had given Rs 10,000, food items and bedding material to the affected family as immediate relief.