The roof of a house collapsed at Randhawa Masanda village late Friday after an LPG cylinder exploded following leakage in the kitchen.
Other household items were also damaged in the blast.Luckily, no one was present in the house when the incident took place.House owner Surinder Pal said the explosion took place at about 11.30pm when he had gone to a religious function with his family to Dhannowali, a nearby village.
“We had gone to the house of my daughter’s in-laws to attend jagaran. Somebody from our village informed us about the incident and we rushed home,” he said.
The impact of the explosion resulted in cracks in nearly walls. The police said the cylinder could have leaked since it was full.Household items worth Rs 2 lakh were damaged in the incident, the police added.