HindustanTimes Sun,28 Dec 2014

Son says Ashutosh Maharaj murdered at dera; seeks mortal remains

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  Jalandhar, May 18, 2014
First Published: 21:03 IST(18/5/2014) | Last Updated: 08:06 IST(19/5/2014)

Dalip Kumar Jha, son of Nurmahal-based Divya Jyoti Jagriti Sansthan head Ashutosh Maharaj, on Sunday alleged that his father had been murdered inside the dera and requested the state government to act in order to hand over the latter's mortal remains to him.


In a press conference here, Jha alleged that the dera members were creating a false impression that Ashutosh Maharaj was in samadhi (deep meditation).
Jha said he was in touch with his father through phone and the dera members had noticed this.

"My father never went into samadhi in his entire life. The sansthan management is lying to grab the dera assets," he claimed.

Jha, a resident of Lakhnaur village in Madhubani district of Bihar, has already filed a petition in the Punjab and Haryana high court. The next date has been fixed on May 28.

He has also sought an inquiry to ascertain the real cause of his father's death.

He urged that even as he earlier approached the Punjab government and the dera members through the Bihar government, no action was taken in this regard.

On January 29, the dera doctors had declared Ashutosh Maharaj as "clinically dead" after which the sansthan management had put the body inside a deep freezer.

Earlier, the dera head's former driver Puran Singh had also approached the Punjab and Haryana high court seeking probe into the case besides demanding post-mortem of Ashutosh's body. However, the Punjab police had informed the high court on April 4 that there was no evidence to suggest that Ashutosh's death was unnatural or under suspicious circumstances.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of
blog comments powered by Disqus
more from Jalandhar

2 Hoshiarpur teens held in Colombia repatriated

The two teenagers from the district, who were stranded in Colombia since September after they were caught by the immigration authorities for illegally entering the country without visa, have finally been repatriated. The boys, Manjot Singh and Harjeet Singh, both 16, reached home on Friday evening.
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved