Fire broke out at a cardboard factory in Industrial Area-A due to short circuit on Tuesday afternoon. The incident took place at around 12.30 pm when the workers were present in the factory.
As soon the articles kept in the factory caught fire, the workers came out. According to the fire officials, no casualty was reported.
According to sources, a power cut was imposed in the area since morning but a short circuit took place as the electricity was restored.
The factory owner is said to have suffered a loss of goods worth Rs 9 lakh.
Fire officer Rajinder Sharma said four fire tenders were sent to douse the flames, adding that everyone was safe in the building.
A staff member of the factory said some articles were taken out safely from the factory. He said that the workers tried to douse the fire but the flames went out of control all of a sudden. The fire department took more than two hours to bring the situation under control.