Ludhiana railway employee drinks Coca Cola contaminated with dead lizard, hospitalised | punjab$ludhiana | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 25, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Ludhiana railway employee drinks Coca Cola contaminated with dead lizard, hospitalised

After taking two sips from the bottle that he bought sealed, he felt something unfamiliar in the liquid, and was shocked to discover a dead lizard.

punjab Updated: Jul 15, 2017 16:17 IST
HT Correspondent
(Reuters File Photo)

A 32-year-old man was admitted to a city hospital after he discovered a dead lizard in a bottle of soft drink that he had consumed.

It was around 10:15 am, when Lekh Raj, a technician at diesel shed, Ludhiana Railway Station, ordered a bottle of Coca Cola at the canteen. After taking two sips from the bottle that he bought sealed, he felt something unfamiliar in the liquid, and was shocked to discover a dead lizard.

His colleague Rajeev Kumar Sharma said, “Raj got scared that he may be poisoned, so we immediately informed Rakesh Saini, senior divisional mechanical engineer (diesel), Ludhiana, who referred him to the railway hospital.”

Raj was taken to the hospital where Dr Madhuri Kalundia gave him first aid and later referred him to a city hospital for treatment.

Senior section engineer (general) Satendra Kumar said they had removed all Coca Cola bottles from the canteen, and filed a complaint with the cold drink company.