Major fire broke out due to short circuit at a textile factory in Khudd Mohalla of Iqbalgunj area in the wee hours of Tuesday.
Fire broke out in Dimple Textiles at around 4.30am, and as the area is located in old city of Ludhiana, fire tenders faced difficulty in reaching there. Eight fire tenders were pressed to the duty and it took them four hours to douse the blaze.
A large number of blankets and shawls were stocked in the four-storey factory building due to which, fire could not be brought under control easily.
No causality was reported in the incident. Machines also suffered damage due to fire.
Factory owner Prince Gupta said the reason of the fire was short circuit due to which all the stocked blankets and shawls were burnt to ashes.
A labour, who resides on the second floor of the factory, had a narrow escape. He was rescued by the area residents immediately after the fire broke out.
An official of the fire wing said fire was brought under control by 8am.