A 35-year-old lineman was electrocuted while repairing a fault in the power supply cables in Lalton Kalan village on Friday.
Gurdeep Singh of Salem Tabri, was rushed to a nearby hospital by his colleagues, but doctors declared him brought dead.
Assistant sub-inspector Balbir Singh of Sadar police station, said Gurdeep was an assistant lineman with the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL).
On Friday evening, he went to Daad village to repair power supply cables as the supply of the area was disrupted. However, as he was not wearing any safety gear, he got electrocuted.
The Sadar police have handed over the body to the family after autopsy.