Man charred to death | punjab | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 21, 2017-Saturday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Man charred to death

punjab Updated: Sep 16, 2013 16:58 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

A 60-year-old man was burnt alive as a diesel operated spray pump caught fire in Nainowal Dhugge village on Sunday night.

The deceased has been identified as Harbhajan Singh of Chakkowal Shiekhan village. He worked as caretaker in the fields of one Vijay Kaushal in nearby Chakkowal Shiekhan village.

As per information, when Kaushal went to his farm on Monday morning, he noticed smoke and burning smell emitting from the room which was locked from inside. With the help of villagers and Bulhowal police, he broke the room and found Harbhajan dead.

The spray pump, electric wiring and other belongings in the room had been charred. Since there was no electricity in the area due to thunder storm, it led police to believe that the fire had been caused either by a candle or a 'biri'. The body was handed over to the kin after the post mortem.