In yet another fire incident, the ancient Shangchul Mahadev temple and three houses were engulfed in a blaze on Monday night in Patahar village here, rendering 18 families homeless.
According to sources the fire erupted due to short circuit, while the police are investigating into the incident.
Idols made of gold and other metals, cash and other valuable turned into ashes.
Deputy commissioner, Kullu, Rakesh Kanwar, said that the local administration met the affected families and provided them an assistance of Rs 10,000 each, while the victims have also been provided 15-day food free of cost from a nearby fair-price shop.
"The loss of property is yet to be ascertained" Kanwar said, adding that the district administration has rehabilitated the affected families in a nearby village.