A meeting of the Maur Bomb Blasts Sangharsh Committee was held in the town on Sunday evening that decided to hold a protest in Maur on February 26, demanding action in the case and more compensation for affected families.
The residents and affected families had staged a protest in Maur on Friday last week on the same demands and submitted a memorandum to the administration.
Committee secretary Naveen Singla said that, besides demanding arrest of the accused in the case, the committee will press for demanding compensation of Rs one crore each and a government job to one family member of those killed in blasts, Rs 10 lakh each to the injured, inclusion of affected families in the list terrorism-affected families, better health facilities at Maur civil hospital, action against government and private doctors for inaction in providing treatment to the injured after blasts and constructing a memorial in memory of victims.
He said though they had given one week’s time to the administration to fulfil the demands during the last protest, but they have observed no reaction from the administration in this direction. He said that meetings are being conducted to mobilise people from the town for the protest.
After a nod from the Election Commission of India, the administration has cleared compensation of Rs 36.5 lakh to the affected families, of which Rs five lakh each will be given to families of those killed and Rs 50, 000 each to those of the injured.
Six people, including four children, were killed while 13 were injured in the twin bomb blasts on January 31 evening, shortly after the rally of Congress candidate from Maur assembly segment Harminder Singh Jassi.
The police have questioned several people in connection with the blasts, but there has been no headway in the probe yet.