Medical admissions: Baba Farid University gets 1,000 applications online
Online counselling for admission to UG courses at medical and dental colleges in the state will begin on July 17punjab Updated: Jun 28, 2017 00:32 IST
Faridkot A day after Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) released the schedule for online counselling for admission to undergraduate (UG) courses at medical and dental colleges in the state, over a thousand candidates, who qualified the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) UG-2017, submitted their applications online for admission by Tuesday.
Meanwhile, with the release of the number of medical and dental seats available with the Adesh Institute of Medical and Dental Sciences, Bathinda, by BFUHS on Tuesday, the number of MBBS and BDS seats has reached 1,125 and 1,130 respectively.
The institute has 150 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) seats and 100 Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) seats.
A senior officer said, “Students of Punjab should also have the choice to opt for the Adesh Medical College. The first year MBBS fee of the institute is ₹11.9 lakh while students will have to pay ₹1.6 lakh in the first year of BDS course. There will be 10% hike in the fee each year.”
Non-resident Indian (NRI) students will have to pay 1.25 lakh US dollar tuition fee for the MBBS course and 44,000 US dollar for BDS for admission in the Adesh College, he said
The officer added that the state merit list of NEET is expected by the end of this month or in the first week of next month.
However, online counselling for admission to UG courses at medical and dental colleges in the state will begin on July 17.
The university on Monday released the schedule, three days after the declaration of the NEET results.
Online applications by July 11
Those who have qualified the NEET UG-2017 will have to apply for admissions online through the university’s website — www.bfuhs.ac.in — by July 11.
Students have to deposit ₹5,000 (₹2,500 for scheduled caste candidates) in the university account in any branch of the Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) or State Bank of India (SBI) through a challan form that will be generated on successful filling of the online application.
Instructions for online application form
1) Candidates will have to log on to university website www.bfuhs.ac.in. and read the Punjab government notification and instructions as contained in the prospectus carefully.
2) Candidates are required to register themselves for admission to MBBS/BDS courses through the online registration system at the website
1) A soft copy of the photograph of the candidate. (Maximum size 30 KB)
2) A soft copy of the signatures of the candidate. (maximum size 30 KB)
1) A 35x45 mm colour photograph with at least 75% coverage of the face and head of the candidate.
2) A caption indicating name of the candidate and the date of taking the photograph should be mentioned at the bottom of the photo.
3) Photograph should be taken in a white/very light coloured background.
4) The photograph should not have cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed if being used regularly. Polaroid and computer-generated photos will not be accepted.
5) The photograph needs to display full front view of the face.
6) Avoid photograph with reflection or shadow on the face with red eyes.
7) The photograph needs to be printed on a high quality paper with at least 600 dpi resolution.
8) The colour must possess the natural appearance and skin tone.
9) The photograph must not have kinks, scratches and stains.