Newly married couple asphyxiated in Bathinda

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Bathinda
  • Updated: Dec 24, 2014 19:20 IST

A newly married couple was asphyxiated after inhaling deadly gas emanating from the burning coal kept in the room they were sleeping in Anup Nagar here on Tuesday night.

The couple has been identified as Sandeep Kumar and Neha. Both were living in a room provided by Mahant Gurbanta Das memorial college where the man was employed as a peon.

The college administration had called the police after both didn't open the door in the morning. The police team broke open the door and the couple was found dead.

The couple was married about four months ago. In-charge Vardhman police post Gurmail Singh said that the victims' family at Malout in Muktsar district has been handed over the bodies after postmortem.

also read

Robust strategy to prevent use of money, drugs in 2017 Punjab polls: CEC
Show comments