Nitin Gadkari declares Gurgaon-Rewari road as national highway | punjab | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 17, 2017-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Nitin Gadkari declares Gurgaon-Rewari road as national highway

Union minister for road transport and highways Nitin Gadkari on Wednesday announced the Gurgaon-Rewari highway via Pataudi as a national highway and authorised the Haryana government to complete the portion of four laning of Pinjore-to-Baddi NH-21-A lying in Haryana.

punjab Updated: Jun 17, 2015 20:20 IST
HT Correspondent

Union minister for road transport and highways Nitin Gadkari on Wednesday announced the Gurgaon-Rewari highway via Pataudi as a national highway and authorised the Haryana government to complete the portion of four laning of Pinjore-to-Baddi NH-21-A lying in Haryana.

Gadkari, who held a meeting with Haryana public works (building and roads) minister Rao Narbir Singh in New Delhi, said that for construction of grade separator or under pass at IFFCO Chowk, Signature Tower Chowk and Rajiv Chowk in Gurgaon, the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) would bear 75% of the total cost and remaining 25% would be shared by Haryana government.

He also gave directions to further expedite the construction of flyover and underpass at Hero Honda Chowk on Delhi-Gurgaon access controlled highway section of NH-8, approved the demand of Singh and announced that NHAI would construct 2.5 km long elevated road at Badshahpur in Gurgaon. Gadkari also announced a four-lane 8-km road connecting Masani and Rewari.

Gadkari authorised the Haryana government to complete the portion of four laning of Pinjore-to-Baddi NH-21A lying in Haryana. The project's total length is 38.78 km, out of which 21.43 km from Pinjore to Baddi upto Himachal Pradesh border falls in Haryana.