Now, register a daily diary report of lost articles online | punjab$chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 27, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Now, register a daily diary report of lost articles online

punjab Updated: Oct 06, 2015 09:28 IST
Gurpreet Singh Chhina
Gurpreet Singh Chhina
Hindustan Times
diary report

Chandigarh residents can lodge the daily diary report (DDR) of their lost articles online as the Chandigarh Police will launch its mobile and web-based application “Online lost documents/ articles reporting system” from Tuesday. The residents will no longer have to visit police stations to get the DDR registered.

UT administrator and Punjab governor Kaptan Singh Solanki will launch the application at Tagore Theatre on Tuesday. UT superintendent of police (SSP) Sukhchain Singh Gill said: “It was seen that residents had to face problems in getting DDR registered at police stations for their lost or missing articles. Keeping this in view, the Chandigarh Police decided to come up with an application which could be downloaded by city residents to get their DDR registered.”

He said that the residents get a non-cognisable report registered under the Section 155 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC). With the launch of this application, the residents will be able to lodge such reports from their mobile phones or from their homes and they will be issued a digitally signed copy on their given e-mail ID, which can be used for obtaining duplicate copies of the lost documents or for filing insurance claims in respect of lost documents and articles. He said after the launch of this facility, residents don’t need to walk to police stations if they want to complaint about their lost articles. Online DDR can be filed from anywhere.

The SSP said the web portal will go a long way in improving the delivery of police services.

How it works

The SSP said the residents could either download the application on the mobile phones from the Chandigarh Police website or can visit the special portal on the website for lodging the DDR. The complainant will have to submit the basic details of their lost articles on the website. For instance, if a mobile phone is lost, complainant will have to submit the mobile number, IMEI number of the lost phone, place where the mobile was lost and an alternative number of the complainant. After submitting all the information regarding the article, the complainant will also receive a signed printout copy of the DDR. The online complaint will then be forwarded to the police officials concerned, where the victim has lost its article for further action.