Plastic string injures man, eagle loses feather | punjab | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 27, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Plastic string injures man, eagle loses feather

punjab Updated: Jan 06, 2014 19:06 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times

In spite of a ban imposed by the police commissioner and deputy commissioner on plastic strings, their sale continues unabatedly in the city. Consequently, residents and birds have been falling prey to them.

On Monday, a man suffered injuries on his neck and an eagle lost its feather due to the plastic string.

Vipan Bhatia, founder president of Pakshi Sewa Samiti, said a man, Vinod Kumar, 25, got injured as the plastic string entangled in his neck. Kumar said he was on his way to work on Monday, and when he reached near the bus stand, a plastic string entangled in his neck and injured him badly.

Bhatia added that Raju, a resident of Chander Nagar, handed them an injured eagle that was entangled in a plastic string. Due to the string, the bird suffered a four-inch deep cut, he added.

He said he rescued the eagle and administrated first aid, besides informing the forest officers about it. Bhatia said the eagle would be transferred to Tiger Safari for rehabilitation.

Meanwhile, Sahnewal police arrested Suresh Chopra of Purana Bazar of Khatri Mohalla of Sahnewal, after recovering seven rolls of plastic string from his possession on Sunday. The accused stored the rolls in his shop Guru Kirpa at Ramgarh market. A case under section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has been registered against him.