Terming the protest march from Bhagta Bhai Ka to Bargari, a successful event. Dhian Singh Mand, who was installed as the Akal Takht jathedar by radical outfits during the last year’s ‘Sarbat Khalsa’, at a press conference said that despite government’s oppression they had successfully held the march for 18 km, on Monday.
“By showing their persecution on innocent Sikhs, who were protesting peacefully, the government has shown their ‘nadarshahi’ and ‘jungle raj.’ But people made our event successful which is a slap on the government’s face,” Mand said.
Mand along with Amrik Singh Ajnala and Baljit Singh Daduwal were here at the press conference.
Mand said that Punjab has become law less and government less, the government has miserably failed to find out the culprits of the sacrilege incident.
“The government has also failed to arrest the identified culprits in Behbal Kalan firing incident in which two persons lost their lives in police firing,” he said.
Mand said that instead of nabbing the culprits, the police force was deployed to nab innocent protestors.
“Whenever the Sikh protesters tried to raise their voice the government registered a case on them and put them behind the bars,” he said.
“We don’t count Badals in a Sikh community, as they have a habit of fabricating these kinds of incidents just to get political mileage without having any fear of public sentiments,” he added.
Daduwal said that they will soon hold a meeting and announce another protest march. This time it will be planned in a way that the government will not be able to foil it.
“We will keep holding protests until the government arrest the real culprits behind sacrilege and Behbal Kalan firing,” he added. Mand said that they are also holding ‘Sarbat Khalsa’ again in Talwandi Sabo on November 10.