Rs 2.4 Cr fraud; Accused doctor’s voice confirmed: CFSL report | punjab$chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 24, 2017-Friday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Rs 2.4 Cr fraud; Accused doctor’s voice confirmed: CFSL report

punjab Updated: Dec 28, 2015 12:38 IST
Gurpreet Singh Chhina
Gurpreet Singh Chhina
Hindustan Times

Central Forensic Scientific Laboratory (Wikipedia)


In a hydro project fraud of over Rs 2.4 crore, the Central Forensic Scientific Laboratory (CFSL) report confirming voice sample of accused Dr Rajdeep Sandhu has put him in a tight spot.

In the audio recording, the accused has confessed about the investment made by complainant Dr Amit Brar. The police said the accused can be heard confirming about the money given by Dr Brar for his three different hydro projects in Himachal Pradesh, for which the accused had assured him profit of over Rs 1 lakh per mega watt per day.

Investigating officer Sohan Lal said the CFSL report has been a major evidence against Dr Sandhu, and that it would be used as “confessional statement” in the police investigation. The handwritten receipt, given to the complainant by the accused, has also strengthened the case, he added.

After finishing the probe within a week, a challan will be filed in the court, said Lal, adding the accused was recently arrested and sent to judicial custody after the details regarding his project were seized by the police. The seized files revealed the accused didn’t make any investment in HP. The police are further probing the matter to recover more files, said the IO.


Promising big dividends, Dr Rajdeep, resident of Sector 8, in 2013 had requested Dr Amit to invest in his three hydro projects in Himachal. Dr Rajdeep had claimed two out of the three projects were already running, and Dr Amit would start getting profits immediately after investment. Dr Rajdeep allegedly cited a 235-KW project at Dharamshala and promised earning of Rs 5,675 per day. They were close friends since 1996. The accused had also assured him to raise his profit share a few months after the investment.


Even after 80 days of the registration of the case, the police have failed to make any recovery from the accused. No application has been forwarded to seize his accounts, vehicles or his property, thereby raising a question over the police investigation.