Showroom gutted in fire, no casualty | punjab | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Nov 24, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Showroom gutted in fire, no casualty

A minor fire gutted a showroom of readymade garments near Khalsa College here on Wednesday. However, no loss of life was reported in the incident.

punjab Updated: Jul 02, 2014 22:15 IST
HT Correspondent

A minor fire gutted a showroom of readymade garments near Khalsa College here on Wednesday. However, no loss of life was reported in the incident.

The fire, which broke out in the aftrenoon was reportedly caused by electric short circuit. However, fire brigade officials said that efforts were being made to ascertain the actual cause of the fire.

According to fire officer Sadiq Masih, the fire started from the store room of the showroom. "The fire first broke out in the storeroom of the showroom at 1.30 pm. As there were huge columns of smoke at the site, entering the showroom to fight the flames was initially a little tough for us, but we somehow managed to control the fire," he said.

The fire tenders battled the blaze for around two hours and finally controlled it by 3.30 pm, he said and added that the fire seemed to have broken out due to a fault in the electrical system of the showroom.

"However, we are trying to ascertain the cause behind the fire incident," Masih said.