Sisters abducted, FIR registered after four days of complaint | punjab | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 19, 2017-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Sisters abducted, FIR registered after four days of complaint

punjab Updated: Jan 25, 2013 19:05 IST
Jatinder Kohli
Jatinder Kohli
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

In a continuous spurt of crime against women in Nawanshahr, two sisters were allegedly kidnapped from their house on intervening night of January 17 in the village Garhi Ajit Singh in Mukandpur town of district.

To add more woes of family of girls, the police have registered First Information Report (FIR) on January 24 after four days of complaint given by girls’ father Makhandeen on January 20.

According to FIR, a copy with Hindustan Times, Makhandeen said that he had a dairy business in the village for past few years and had four sons, four daughters in his family. He said that his third daughter (22) who was married one and half years ago at Behlolpur village in Machhiwara town of Ludhiana district but due to some family issues, she was living with his family at Garhi Ajit Singh village for last two months.

Speaking with Hindustan Times, Makhandeen told that on January 17, he had slept at his dairy and his wife also had gone to Phagwara to meet his parents. “Around 1am, when his both third and fourth (9) daughters and their grandfather were alone at home, then some persons entered their house and abducted their daughters” alleged Makhandeen.

He further alleged that his father informed him and saw that their sandles (chappals) were lying into courtyard, after reaching at home. He further revealed that then, he and with other relatives tried to locate them at several places for two days but failed to find them.

“On January 20, we found from our investigation that their neighbour Bhoondi along with Layakat Ali and six others were involved in kidnapping their daughters and gave a written complaint at police against eight persons”, alleged Makhandeen. He alleged that Bhoondi was also missing from the day of their daughter kidnapped on intervening night of January 17.

He further alleged that police had shown very poor and sad response to the complaint and took case very lightly and registered FIR after four days. He said that Mukandpur police has not helpful into this incident as he had been visiting police station daily but no one giving any positive response. He further said that on Friday, he also met senior superintendent of police Dhanpreet Kaur, who had assured him that girls would be recovered soon.

Investigation officer Sukhdev Singh said that the police have yet to arrest any accused of this incident and police have been conducting raids at many places to nab them. Deputy superintendent of police (Banga) Bhagwant Singh said that he was busy somewhere and asked to contact SHO Mukandpur police station. SHO Gurdiyal Singh said that one of police employee has been died in road accident on Friday afternoon and he was busy at there.