Six get burns in gas leak during langar

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Batala
  • Updated: Jun 21, 2014 23:34 IST

Six people, including five women, received burn injuries while preparing langar (community kitchen food) at Dogra Mohalla here when the LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) leaked from a gas-cylinder pipe. The family of Jaspal Singh, in whose house the langar was being served, is reported to be injured along with some of his neighbours.

Injured Jasbir Kaur, Surjeet Kaur, Pooja, Rashmeet (14), Jashan (12) and Sharan (8) were moved to the local civil hospital.

Rupa, Rasmeet, Jasbir Kaur and Sharan, who sustained more than 80% burn, were referred to Guru Nanak Hospital in Amritsar.

also read

Kejriwal faces slogans, black flags after releasing trade
Show comments