A ticket reservation counter was destroyed in a fire that broke out at the Amritsar railway station on Thursday.
The incident took place at 5.45am and the fire brigade reached the spot at 6.05am. The flames were doused around 6.30 am. No casualty has been reported.
Estimating the loss of Rs 10 lakh, railway officials said the main server, 10 computers, two charting machines and an air-conditioner unit were damaged.
A railway official said the fire was caused by an electric short circuit. The ticket booking service was not affected as other counters were operational, he added.
Additional divisional railway manager Ashutosh Pant said: “A three-member inquiry committee would be formed to know the reason of the fire.”