Two immigration offices were gutted in the fire near Prime Tower on bus stand road in the city in wee hours on Sunday.
No causality was reported in both the cases but the owners claimed that fire caused a loss of nearly Rs 10 lakh.
Short-circuit was identified as the prime reason for fire.
Sukhwinder Singh, a resident of Urban Estate Phase-2 told that he received a call from a neighbour Raju, who said that flames were coming out of his office window.
Singh said that he rushed there and immediately called the fire brigade. But the fire had spread in the adjoining office of another immigration firm. It took half an hour for the firefighters to douse the flames.
The furniture, TV, air-conditioner, electronic appliances of both the offices were gutted in the fire. The second office was owned by Munish Arora, a resident of 120 ft road locality.
They blamed overhead electric cables, crossing near their offices for the incident.