Two labourers, working on the roof an under-construction building, were electrocuted when they came in contact with the high-tension wire passing over the roof here on Friday evening.
The deceased, identified as Suraj (21) and Samuel (22), residents of the local fish market, were laying concrete on the roof along with other labourers on the roof of a sweets shop near Shiwalya temple when they suddenly touched the wire.
They were immediately taken to the civil hospital here, but they were declared brought dead.
Sub-divisional officer (SDO), Ferozepur city, Jatinder Singh acknowledged the incident, but expressed inability to tell how th labourers came into contact with the wires.
The postmortem of the deceased was to be conducted till the filing of the report. The police have started investigation.