Jharkhand cabinet okays regularisation of housing board squatters | ranchi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 23, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Jharkhand cabinet okays regularisation of housing board squatters

Das cabinet also approved Rs 183.77 crore for construction of urban civic tower and Rs 406.07 crore for convention centre in the Smart City in Dhurwa

ranchi Updated: Mar 16, 2017 16:37 IST
Sanjoy Dey
Bariatu housing colony in Ranchi
Bariatu housing colony in Ranchi(HT File Photo)

Jharkhand residents, who have been living illegally in dwellings of state housing board for 10 years and above, will soon get legal status. The state cabinet on Wednesday approved a proposal to regularise housing board squatters.

Cabinet secretary S S Meena said the houses would be regularised with certain fines and a few conditions such as the house occupancy period is 10 years and above from the date of notification, families do not have any other dwellings anywhere in the state.

The illegal occupants have been divided into three categories — low income, medium income and higher income groups. “The low income group will have to pay Rs 25,000 as fine while the same for medium income group is Rs 35,000 and Rs 50,000 for higher income group,” Meena said, adding, price of the house will be realised as per current market price.

He added that an occupant would have to pay 30% of the total price of a dwelling at one time while the rest 70% would be realised in the next 60 months.

The Raghubar Das cabinet approved 24 agendas along with sanctioning Rs 33.04 crore for construction of 444 houses for displaced in Islam Nagar. The state government had bulldozed over 500 houses during an anti-encroachment drive in Islam Nagar in 2011. Later, the government promised to provide dwellings to the families indentified under the scheme of Basic Services to Urban Poor (BSUP).

The Jharkhand government has initiated construction projects under the Smart City project even though the Heavy Engineering Corporation (HEC) Limited is yet to hand over 375 acres of land for the project to the state government.

The Das cabinet also approved Rs 183.77 crore for construction of urban civic tower and Rs 406.07 crore for convention centre in the Smart City in Dhurwa. Offices and commercial infrastructure to come up in urban civic tower while, auditorium, restaurants and other facilities are proposed in the convention centre.

The cabinet sanctioned Rs 586.46 crore for integrated development from Raj Bhawan to Booty Mor. The cabinet also approved Rs 74.23 crore for construction of a judicial academy building besides sanctioning Rs 32.56 crore for Hazaribag septage management and Rs 36.87 crore for Chas septage management.