Lizard in food: 40 kids hospitalised in Ranchi

  • IANS, Ranchi
  • |
  • Updated: Jul 04, 2013 13:53 IST

At least 40 children were hospitalised after a lizard was cooked along with their breakfast at a school hostel in Ranchi on Thursday morning, police said.


The students of the Gurukul school were rushed to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences for treatment, after they started vomiting and complained of stomach ache.

A lizard was later found in the plate of a student, a police officer said.

He added that 33 students were discharged after treatment. The condition of three of the remaining seven children admitted to the hospital is said to be serious.


also read

Banking is a child’s play for these Ranchi kids

blog comments powered by Disqus