Not approached for a sequel, says Guntur Talkies’ director

  • IANS, Chennai
  • Updated: Aug 12, 2016 16:35 IST
Praveen Sattaru has said that he is not interested in directing a sequel to Guntur Talkies. (Praveen.sattaru.9/Facebook)

Praveen Sattaru who directed last year’s Telugu hit comedy Guntur Talkies, says he hasn’t yet been approached with the offer to direct its sequel. He is also sure that he does not want to take up the project even if he is offered.

“I read about the sequel in the papers recently. I don’t even know that the producer is planning a sequel because I haven’t been approached. In fact, half of the cast and crew of Guntur Talkies isn’t even aware of a sequel being made,” said Sattaru.

Read: In Thikka, audience will see different shades of Sai Dharam, says producer

Asked if he would like to helm the sequel, he said he isn’t interested.

“I’m usually not the type of director who cashes in on the success of a film with a sequel. I don’t think I’m interested to direct the sequel, even if I’m offered,” he said.

Produced by Raj Kumar, Guntur Talkies starred Rashmi Gautam, Shraddha Das, Naresh and Mahesh Manjrekar in the lead roles.

Read: Kaatru Veliyidai | Karthi shaves off his stubble

Telugu film, Guntur Talkies, released in 2015 to positive reviews.

also read

Telugu filmmaker wants his film Gulf to inspire migrant workers
Show comments