When you're in the middle of the worst recession since the Great Depression, it's not always easy to come up with the cash to impress your date.
Luckily, there are still tons of fun and romantic things you can do that take little-to-no-money-all that's required is a little creativity. Here're some ideas for cheap dates:
1. Take your date on a picnic. All you need is a basket of goodies and your partner.
2. Enjoy a romantic home-cooked meal.
3. Cook dinner together.
4. Give a massage.
5. Share a sundae.
6. Play miniature golf.
7. Rent a movie.
8. Do a Google search for free things to do in your city.
9. Browse antique shops.
10. Star gaze (Orion is an easy constellation to spot).
11. Take a pottery class together.
12. Go bowling.
13. Play pool.
14. Go camping.
15. Play basketball together.
16. Get a cup of coffee together (hopefully at a spot that offers free refills).
17. Visit local historic landmarks.
18. Put together a puzzle.
19. Solve a Sudoku together.
20. Go for a walk in your local park.