Now don’t say you won’t go down that path ever. There’s a bridezilla lurking in all the pretty women who are busy instagramming their smiling pictures with a big diamond ring on. She gets on their nerves, killing the child in them, sending them into a tizzy over little things, and turning the grandest occasion of their life into a nightmare.
If you’re worried that you can turn into a bridezilla too, here are some tips that will stop you from getting into crazy antics and biting off the heads of those who are toiling equally hard to make your big day extra special.
1. Stop obsessing over perfection: Don’t stress yourself too much to make every little thing perfect. What’s more important is that you take joy in the little things related to your special day. So, if the event manager got orchids while you had insisted on lotus, tell yourself that hell hasn’t broken loose, and your day can still be as beautiful as you had wished.
2 Don’t scream for attention: Can’t stop talking about your wedding? Uploading every single picture even faintly related to your wedding? You know it’s time to stop or you’ll miss out on the lovely moments you always wanted to cherish.
3. Don’t exhaust yourself: If you have been straining yourself to fix up your trousseau or book your favourite videographer, take a rejuvenating break. Head to a spa, go for a relaxing body treatment and treat yourself to aroma therapy. Or just chill with your friends and watch your favourite film. You’ll feel happy and look better.
4. It’s not just your day: No doubt, it’s your life, your big party but remember that the occasion is equally special for your guy, and both your and his family. So, do what your heart says but do not walk over other people’s emotions. If there are disagreements over certain issues, you can always find the middle path rather than hurting others’ emotions.
5. Don’t go bankrupt: You shouldn’t be doing things just because your sister, cousin or best friend did it. Ask your heart what you really want, discuss with your fiance, and then decide what are the must-haves for your wedding and what is it that you can easily skip from your long list. Remember, the world doesn’t end here, and you would want to save up some of your money to splurge later.
6. Summon your pals: It’s good to hire professionals to take care of important aspects of your wedding, but you can always rely on your close friends to supervise them. This way you’ll have a lot of tasks off your head. And when you have someone trusted to handle the responsibilities, stop being a control freak.
7. Don’t starve yourself: Staying hungry to slip into that designer gown is insane. You don’t want your complexion to look dull and sallow, and you’d hate stress lines on your forehead. So, eat well, have plenty of juices and fruits, and cut down on coffee, smoking and junk.