Is sex all they’re looking for? Five warning signs of a bad first date
There are certain red flags that warn us when a first date doesn’t seem to be going in the right direction.sex and relationships Updated: Aug 08, 2017 09:39 IST
If not relationships, Tinder and all the other dating apps out there have certainly increased our chances of landing that first date. However, they do not guarantee a first date that you will remember forever.
There will be chances that you may mess up the one you really liked or suffer a situation where you just don’t want to think about a particular date ever again. Also, it’s not always that a date which started off on a bad note may necessarily end on a bad note.
What you do need to always remember, however, is that not every date can turn out to be a great one and that’s okay.
We have listed out certain red flags you should be aware of to realise that your date is going south:
1. If the discussion seems to be on the same lines as that of a job interview, it’s certainly not a good sign. Then again, may be they are trying to find out as much about you as they can. But, if you feel it’s bordering on the extreme, you might not want to go in for that second date. Unless, of course, you feel they’ve exhausted all their questions during this date, which means things will only get better from now on.
2. If your date keeps veering back to the discussion to whether or not tonight’s going to end in sex, they are clearly only seeking that. And, if you’re looking for something more meaningful, get out and now.
3. Has your date brought along a friend? Hmm. Then why even call this a date? Were they already sceptical of the chemistry you both would be sharing even before they met you?
4. Are you still enjoying your pasta in the red sauce while your date has finished her dessert and asking for the bill? Well, we wouldn’t really term that as a romantic evening and you should clearly say good bye.
5. First date discussions are meant to be fun and not end up in serious arguments. If that’s the way your conversation seems to be going, you might want to rethink.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more