He conquered. He conquered. And he conquered.
From mesmerising performances to quirky moments, he went incredibly viral.
Here are our 15 reasons for naming Benedict Cumberbatch the true king of internet this year:
1. He nailed the Beyonce walk
2. He won the Ice bucket challenge SIX times
3. He made Mr Darcy look like the smouldering man from our dreams
4. He gave the greatest Best Man speech E.V.E.R.
"John, I am a ridiculous man, redeemed only by the warmth and constancy of your friendship."
According to Google, Sherlock was the most searched TV show from the UK in 2014.
5. He photobombed U2 like a bomb
6. His recitation of 'All the World's a Stage' gave internet the chills
This is not the first time we saw Cumberbatch recite-to-kill. In December 2013, he recited R Kelly's Genius on US talk-show Jimmy Kennel Live. No points for guessing his effect on the audience:
7. He imitated 11 celebrities in 60 seconds
Nailed Jack Nicholson. Don't you think?
8. He can now say 'penguin'
Last time he was on the Graham Norton show, Cumberbatch hugged three fans and made their lives:
9. He wore a napkin to amuse his lunch date Dakota Johnson
BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH THE NAPKIN MONSTER! pic.twitter.com/pUSacf35bi— HighFunctionTimelord (@ThatNerdNat) May 8, 2014
10. Even his appearance on Sesame Street went viral
11. He accepted his GQ Actor of the Year award drunk and still killed it
12. His engagement announcement through a newspaper ad became a serial heart-breaker
13. His first Emmy win set off a massive fan freak-out
14. This Cumberbatch and Michael Fassbender dance-off at the Golden Globes
15. And finally, these mind-blowing backstage scenes of him playing Smaug in the second installment of the Hobbit trilogy