By Is it a bazaar? Is it a chatroom? Is it a media channel? Twitter is what you make it out to be. Here’s how you can turn your dull summer into something exciting with Twitter.com
1. It’s a library: Apart from shallow celebrities, Twitter has business leaders, writers, journalists, and public figures tweeting and sharing web links that open your minds.
2. It's a bazaar: You can shout against a company that cheated you. You can air your complaint with a hash tag like #fail to raise your voice. You can also seek shopping advice from fellow tweeters.
3. It's a café: You can discuss politics, build support for your favourite cause or find a hobby teacher — just like in a real café. Every Friday, there is a #followfriday hashtag to help you choose the right tweeters to follow.
4. It's a catwalk: Okay, you have something clever/original/funny to say? Believe it or not, there is a market for originality. The secret: start conversing with people and mark through Twitter mentions your cleverer lines. Here's your chance to be Twamous.
5. It's a media channel: So you sing? Or have great photos? Write poems? Tweet the YouTube or SoundCloud links, the way they do just clever lines. At the very least, you can build your “personal brand”.