As Arun Jaitley began reading out the budget for financial year 2014-2015, we couldn't help but notice a certain template in the fund allocation. In short, we present you the 100 crore club.
But first, a little humour:
And here's the list of centurians:
* "Van Bandhu Kalyan Yojana" for welfare of the tribals
* Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana for improving the efficiency of delivery of welfare services meant for women
* "Start Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme" for encouraging rural youth to take up local entrepreneurship programmes
* Setting up virtual classrooms as Communication Linked Interface for Cultivating Knowledge (CLICK) and online courses
* A programme for promoting "Good Governance"
* Supporting about 600 new and existing Community Radio Stations
* Metro Projects in Lucknow and Ahemdabad
* Modernisation of Madarsas
* Indian Agricultural Research Institutes in Assam and Jharkhand
* Setting up an "Agri-Tech Infrastructure Fund"
* A scheme to provide every farmer a soil health card
* A "National Adaptation Fund" for climate change
* Kisan TV
* Setting up a National Industrial Corridor Authority
* A new scheme called "ultra modern super critical coal based thermal power technology"
* Development of 1 MW Solar Parks on the banks of canals
* War museum
* Setting up a Technology Development Fund to support research and development of defence systems
* National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Augmentation Drive
* Preservation of archeological sites
* Preparation of the Detailed Project Reports for interlinking of rivers
* Ghat development and beautification of river
* Sports university in Manipur
* Training of sports women and men for the forthcoming Asian and Commonwealth games
* Overhauling Employment exchanges
* "A Young Leaders Programme" to promote leadership skills
* A National Centre for Himalayan Studies in Uttarakhand
* Development of commercial organic farming