European and Spanish champions Barcelona would like to recruit two more players before the close-season transfer window closes at the end of the month, coach Pep Guardiola said on Tuesday.
At a news conference he denied Spanish media reports suggesting Barcelona sporting director Txiki Begiristain had felt no more recruits were necessary.
"Txiki also thinks two players are missing. There would be divergences if I thought we needed two players and he felt the opposite but that is not the case," the 38-year-old said.
"If players come, fine. If not, that's not a problem because the ones we have are good. I feel we are going to be competitive just like last year."
Guardiola said this week the Catalan side have all but given up on bringing their former youth player Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas back to the Nou Camp from Arsenal.
Barcelona have so far brought in Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Brazilian defender Maxwell from Inter Milan.
Their recruiting drive pales in comparison with that of their main rivals Real Madrid who have splashed out a total of 254 million euros on eight players, including a record 94 million for Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United and 67 million euros for AC Milan's Brazilian star Kaka.
Barcelona became the first Spanish side to win the treble - the league, King's Cup and the Champions League - last season.
The Spanish league begins on August 29.