Dutch legend Phillip Cocu confirms that he is considering an offer to join Sydney FC next season as their marquee player to replace Dwight Yorke.
The 36-year midfielder, currently playing for PSV Eindhoven alongside Jason Culina, the son of Sydney coach Branko Culina, told the Sydney Morning Herald that his agent Rob Jansen was in talks.
"It's true there has been contact with my agent but at this stage I'm not sure what I am going to do," said Cocu, who retired from international football after the World Cup last year.
"There are other options, I have other offers," he said.
Culina was on Monday appointed as Sydney full-time coach after operating on an interim basis following the departure of former England star Terry Butcher.
He made it clear he plans to help Sydney take their place at the summit of Australian football.
"The aim now is to raise the bar. Everyone knows what is expected of this club, no one needs to tell us," said Culina.
Former England international Teddy Sheringham has also been mentioned as a possible Sydney recruit since Yorke left last August to join English Championship side Sunderland.