Inter Milan coach Massimo Moratti has again declined to confirm that coach Rafael Benitez had been officially sacked but did say the situation was complicated.
"We are trying to understand what's going on, this situation is a bit of a mess," Moratti told reporters on Wednesday.
"Everything that happened was a bit unexpected, we are considering every point of view."
Widespread media reports have said Benitez is in the process of being removed after just six months in charge of the world club, European and Italian champions given his side's poor domestic form and Saturday's shock outburst about a lack of signings.
Former AC Milan coach Leonardo has been made favourite by bookmakers to succeed Benitez amid speculation that Inter are struggling to reach a severance deal with the Spaniard.
"I haven't had a way of talking any other coach. I haven't met Leonardo," Moratti added.