English Premier League champions Manchester City are set to launch an amazing world record bid to sign Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo. The Daily Star says City are working on a four year contract offer to bring the former Manchester United star back to the Premier League.
The offer is said to be in the region of £95 million and City officials are pretty confident that they can lure unhappy Real Madrid star. But they face stiff competition from the likes of Chelsea, PSG and Manchester United. Ronaldo in the past has previously stated that he wants to return to the EPL and wants to finish his career with his former team Manchester United.
His sadness, however, has come as a surprise to his Real Madrid team mates, defender Alvaro Arbeloa said as he joined up with the Spain squad.
"I don't know what's up with Cristiano. It was a surprise for us as much as for you, we found out after the game," Real full back Arbeloa told reporters.
"At Madrid, we are a family and we will support him in any way he needs."
Local newspapers have been full of speculation about the reasons behind the 27-year-old Ronaldo's apparently calculated outburst. He was reported to have had a meeting with club president Florentino Perez on Saturday to say he did not feel he had the support of the dressing room, was unhappy and wanted to leave. Ronaldo rejected the idea that he was downcast at losing out to Andres Iniesta for the Best Player in Europe Award.