Milan still consider Man City's Kaka bid
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said on Sunday that the club is still weighing up the benefits of Manchester City's world record bid for 2007 Golden Ball winner Kaka.sports Updated: Jan 19, 2009 11:16 IST
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said on Sunday that the club is still weighing up the benefits of Manchester City's world record bid for 2007 Golden Ball winner Kaka. Mark Hughes' side reportedly offered a world record 100 million pounds ($147 million) (euro111 million) for the Brazilian last week and Milan are now torn between cashing in on such an offer or holding on to one of their most important players.
"I don't know what Kaka will do and because of this I slept badly last night," Galliani told Radio Monte Carlo. "I feel the same way as the fans, but being a Milan delegate I have to think in a rational manner. We'll see what will happen. Absolutely nothing has been signed, neither on our part, or the player, who is completely Milan's."
Galliani paid tribute to the 26-year-old, who on Saturday night showed San Siro what it would be missing if he was sold, with a key role in their 1-0 win over Fiorentina.
"Kaka has done much in recent years and is a great player who has won everything. For now we are thinking about this negotiation. Players that leave are those who ask to, not the others. At the moment there is a very big offer for Kaka, which we have valued. We haven't sold him (yet) and we don't know what will happen."