Brazilian striker Ronaldo is in talks with Manchester City and hopes to return from a career-threatening knee injury in two or three months, the player was quoted as saying on Friday.
"It's a great possibility," Ronaldo told French sports daily L'Equipe when asked whether he could move to the Premier League.
"Manchester City are putting together an incredible project with great players," he added, referring to the club's new-found wealth, secured by the imminent takeover by an Abu Dhabi-based company.
"It's a long-term project that could have immediate results because City want to shake the hierarchy of world football," said Ronaldo, who ruptured a tendon in his left knee playing for AC Milan in February.
"We are talking (with Manchester City) at the moment. We shall see."
City on Tuesday confirmed there had been initial interest in Ronaldo but insisted they were no longer pursuing him.
If he were to move to City, Ronaldo could play alongside Brazil forward Robinho, who joined the cash-rich club from Real Madrid for a British record 32.5 million pounds ($58.6 million) last month.
Ronaldo, whose career has been marred by several serious injuries, said he was confident he would soon resume playing.
"It's a difficult challenge," said the Brazilian, who will turn 32 next week. "I feel such passion, such love for football that I'm ready to make all the efforts and sacrifices that are needed.
"In two or three months, I think I could be competing again."
Widely regarded as the world's best player in his prime, Ronaldo is currently without a club and said he had not been in contact with AC Milan lately.
He mentioned a move to France, in particular to Paris St Germain, as another possibility.
"I have never played in France but I'd love to," he said. "I love Paris. I have a flat there and I often go there. PSG are currently building a nice project. They have recruited good players and have built a team capable of winning the title."