French Open champion Ana Ivanovic said on Friday that her Roland Garros title defence starting in less than a fortnight will not be threatened by a precautionary pullout from the new Madrid Masters.
The Serb withdrew from the WTA-ATP event which begins on Saturday after doctors ordered her to rest an inflammed right knee for a week.
"At the moment there is no danger of me missing Paris: my focus is now on Roland Garros," Ivanovic said in a statement.
The number seven lost in the Rome third round this week and then visited a specialist in Munich to see about the knee which has bothered her since Fed Cup play last month.
Missing the required WTA tournament will cost Ivanovic a place in the year-end bonus pool with a loss of up to 250,000 dollars. She must also visit Madrid over the next year to perform promotional activities to avoid a fine and possible suspension.
"I'm so disappointed to be missing Madrid," said Ivanovic. "I visited the (new tournament venue) Caja Magica two years ago and it looked like a beautiful stadium. I'm very sad that I won't be there.
"I must work hard on my recovery during the next week. It's very frustrating because I feel that my overall fitness is at its peak, and I have been practising very well."